By using these five tips, you will dramatically improve the intimacy of your relationship.
I was talking to a client last week, and he was struggling with his intimacy with his wife. I told him the five things I must share with you today: Five ways to improve intimacy with your partner. I’ve incorporated these five things into my own relationship for the last year and a half, and I promise you if you include these, you’ll see a vast improvement in the intimacy of your relationship.
1. Buy fresh flowers every week. They look good. They smell good. If you can match the color of the flowers to her favorite color, it’s a bonus.
2. Ask this simple question every morning. How can I support you? And then wait for the answer.
3. Date night at least every other week. An opportunity to get dressed up, smell good, do the hair, go out on the town, and make her feel special. It’s so easy otherwise to get into the monotonous day-in and day-out routine. I promise you, the investment of date night is so worth the intimacy you’ll find in the relationship.
“Five things I’ve incorporated into my own relationship for the last year and a half.”
4. Relationship check-in is non-negotiable. For us, in my relationship, it’s every Sunday night. The relationship check-ins look like this: I’ll go first. “Hey, babe. What’s working well in the relationship is… Hey, babe. What’s not working well in the relationship is…” It’s an opportunity for me to communicate my feelings in a safe, loving, and respectful way. We talk about finances, sex, and anything else that comes up throughout the week. This is my opportunity to share because I know what happens if I don’t. It will come out later in an unhealthy way.
After I’m done, she’ll repeat back to me exactly what she heard me say to make sure we’re on the same page, and there are no discrepancies. She’ll go next. She’ll repeat to me. “Hey, babe, What’s working well in our relationship is… What’s not working well in our relationship is…” When she’s done, I’ll repeat back to her exactly what I heard her tell me to make sure we’re on the same page. Once we are, we’re both complete.
5. Put them first. This will greatly improve any relationship. Men, listen closely. She comes first.
I promise that if you incorporate these five things, your intimacy and relationship will go to the next level. If you have any questions about this topic, please feel free to reach out to me by phone or email. I would be delighted to help you out.